About Phil Morgan
Phil has put tenant involvement at the heart of his career. He is the leading authority in tenant involvement in housing and communities.
As Chief Executive of TPAS and Executive Director of Tenant Services at the Tenant Services Authority, he ensured that tenant involvement was made central to social housing and to the new regulatory framework that governs the sector.
He now works as a consultant, commentator and speaker.
He is an independent Board Member and Vice Chair of Wulvern Housing. He chaired the International Union of Tenants Congress in Prague in the autumn of 2010 and was a facilitator at the IUT Congress in Krakow in 2013.
Career to date
- 2010 to date: Independent Consultant, Speaker and Commentator
- 2009 - 2010: Tenant Services Authority, Executive Director Tenant Services
- 1999 - 2009: TPAS, Chief Executive
- 1998 - 1999: Centre for Local Economic Strategies, Assistant Director
- 1997 – 1998: North West Development Agency, Head of Operations
- 1982 – 1997: Government Office North West, Team Leader
- Creator of Tenant Scrutiny
- Created and developed Local Standards/Offers
- Led the consultation on the regulatory framework for social housing
- Co-author of the regulatory framework
- Initiator of the tenant side of the co-regulatory settlement
- Developed new methods of involvement including tenant inspectors and accreditation of landlords and contractors
- Set up Tenant Scrutiny Panels in ALMOs, Housing Associations and Councils
Phil's current volunteering includes being Chair of Salford Healthwatch and he was previously Chair of School Governors of Old Trafford Community School, Vice President of Old Trafford Credit Union and has volunteered at the Wirral Food and Drink Festival, the Manchester Jazz Festival and interviewed Games Makers.
Phil is a member of the Chartered Institute of Housing and the Socialist Health Association.
Phil Morgan Limited has a Register
of Clients, Interests and Hospitality. All clients and interests are mentioned on this website. Hospitality received in the last 12 months was:
Housing Excellence Awards dinner May 2016 – in recognition for being a judge
Trowers and Hamlins reception at the CIH Conference June 2016