About Phil Morgan
Phil has put tenant involvement at the heart of his career. He is the leading authority in tenant involvement in housing and communities.
As Chief Executive of TPAS and Executive Director of Tenant Services at the Tenant Services Authority, he ensured that tenant involvement was made central to social housing and to the new regulatory framework that governs the sector.
He now works as a consultant, commentator and speaker.
He is an independent Board Member and Vice Chair of Wulvern Housing. He chaired the International Union of Tenants Congress in Prague in the autumn of 2010 and was a facilitator at the IUT Congress in Krakow in 2013.
Career to date
- 2010 to date: Independent Consultant, Speaker and Commentator
- 2009 - 2010: Tenant Services Authority, Executive Director Tenant Services
- 1999 - 2009: TPAS, Chief Executive
- 1998 - 1999: Centre for Local Economic Strategies, Assistant Director
- 1997 – 1998: North West Development Agency, Head of Operations
- 1982 – 1997: Government Office North West, Team Leader
- Creator of Tenant Scrutiny
- Created and developed Local Standards/Offers
- Led the consultation on the regulatory framework for social housing
- Co-author of the regulatory framework
- Initiator of the tenant side of the co-regulatory settlement
- Developed new methods of involvement including tenant inspectors and accreditation of landlords and contractors
- Set up Tenant Scrutiny Panels in ALMOs, Housing Associations and Councils
Phil's volunteering includes being a Governor of St Hilda's CE Primary and he has been Chair of School Governors of Old Trafford Community School, Vice President of a Credit Union and volunteered at the Wirral Food and Drink Festival, Manchester Jazz Festival and interviewing Games Makers for 2012. He will shortly be teaching a class of 7 year olds how to salsa! This is not expected to be a future career opportunity.